We should always remember to give thanks for everything we are fortunate enough to have! Today I want to highlight a favorite holiday, THANKSGIVING! Now when initially thought of, Thanksgiving rouses excitement through thoughts of a juicy turkey, candied yams, and old Aunt Phyllis with her crazy tales (okay, the last one is a bust, but at least you have candied yams.) It is also fun to look forward to the more unconventional traditions, the ones not really spoken, but the ones Thanksgiving wouldn’t be the same without.
1.The thought of eating 4-5 dinners. I mean, come on, if you don’t do this, you’re lying.
2.Hour naps after the food coma. I look forward to this every year. A steady tradition in my family. With full bellies and football…proceed with napping.
3. After Thanksgiving Turkey/Cranberry Rolls. I will purposely not eat all of the Turkey on Thanksgiving for the sake of a week long feast with these babies. So much yum in one tiny roll. We wouldn’t have it any other way! Have you tried them? Here is the recipe:
- Take a roll, cut in half.
- Heat roll and butter each side. (Butter is a must, no butter? You monster.)
- Slather on that cranberry goodness.
- You can heat Turkey slices, or use them cold. Either way it is going to blow your mind.
- Sandwich all of that heavenly deliciousness…and ENJOY!
These are just three of our favorite wacky traditions. What are some special ones your family enjoys? They sure make the holidays memorable, and FUN! Happy Holidays!