Currently a member of our fantastic team is looking forward to a new milestone in life, searching for a new place to call home. Did you know that over the first 6 months, new homeowners can spend on average at least $25k? What a number! There are so many variables that go into searching for the perfect home, if you are in the same position, here are some of our favorite tips to help your transition be a smooth one:
- Get pre-approved for a mortgage right off the bat! This let’s sellers know that you mean business, and allows you to save time on so much heartache of losing a bid on what you think could’ve been your dream home. (Live and learn, I have found that this helps increase your chances drastically, do it NOW!)
- Before you EVEN START HUNTING, save, save, SAVE! Shop within your budget, and smart savings will allow you to live happily within your means. Less stress, amazing new home, happy life!
- Check your credit score. You might not even qualify for a mortgage loan if your credit is under a certain score.
- Check out the school districts! Schools affect the property value, and desirable schools and neighborhoods are highly sought after of course, which means the homes appreciate faster. Do your research.
- Roofing, landscaping, foundations, oh my! Not everything is what it seems online. Pictures can be deceiving, so ask as many questions as you can during a viewing appointment. There are crucial points to be missed if you get ahead of yourself. Make sure to get as much information on the when and where of home updates and remodels to save you major bucks in the future.
Whether you’re looking to build, buy a fixer-upper, or seek out the perfectly new bungalow, we wish you well on your search! A reminder: if one home doesn’t pan out, that means the perfect home is waiting for you elsewhere, so keep your chin up. For all of you fixer-uppers, or even those needing a slight update, we have your back with windows, siding, and entry doors. Let us give you a stress free estimate and help you make your house a home!
Good luck fellow house hunters! vpihomesolutions.com #trulylocal #3Ways2Save